Carriage House Visitor Center and Gift Shop

Completed in 1809, the original house at Rose Hill was a two-story dwelling with an attached kitchen.  Between 1837 and 1839 the house was separated from the kitchen.  The house was then moved several feet and converted into a carriage house.  A Greek Revival mansion was built around the kitchen. The carriage house now serves as Rose Hill’s visitor center and gift shop.

The exhibits highlight the people who lived and worked on the Rose Hill property.  A restored 1916 Model  that belonged to a descendent of the Swan family is also on display.

In the Gift Shop you will find historically inspired and locally made items as well as souvenirs, history books, jewelry, and home decorative items. Stop by in season and see what we have to offer! All purchases from the Gift Shop directly support Historic Geneva’s educational programs and collections.  Supporters of Historic Geneva receive 10% off their Gift Shop purchases. For a selection of items from Historic Geneva, see our Online Shop


Book Now